Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 31 of the Daily Slice of Life Story Challenge

Day 31 of the Daily Slice of Life Story Challenge

I cannot believe today is the last day of the Slice of Life Story Challenge. On day one of the challenge I wrote I took on the challenge because I hoped by writing daily I would become a better writing teacher.  As I scroll through my 30 posts, I am amazed at the depth of my growth, a growth that goes beyond teaching me about writing. Through my slice of life story challenge I have:
Daily writing: like a cairn or marker that leads the way to the top
  • Laughed at myself
  • Reflected on life lessons while hiking
  • Counted my blessings
  • Synthesized my learning
  • Discussed inspirations
  • Honored my family
  • Been lifted up with comments
  • Dabbled in poetry
  • Shared my deepest feelings
  • Thought about what it would be like to be a grandma
  • AND Became a grandma!


I have definitely changed because of my commitment to daily writing.  Thank you Two Writing Teachers for giving me this most incredible experience, and thank you to all who read my posts and gave me the courage to continue to take these small steps along the journey up the writing road.


5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more --I am so glad we both were first timers together! Something I will always remember. I love your writing - humble, reflective, honest and authentic. When was the baby born??? I was hoping for today, but I think it was earlier! Congrats - so happy you have this new joy in your life. That is one lucky grandbaby!!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madeleine Elizabeth made her way into the world (after a very long and arduous labor) Tuesday night. Everyone is happy and healthy. Posted late yesterday because I was off holding baby! See yesterdays post. http://coachbsreflections.blogspot.com/2016/03/i-am-participating-in-slice-of-life.html
      No pictures yet per order of the parents. I am sure you will see some on facebook soon.
      Please let's stay in touch.

      By the way - I thought you had done this challenge before?

      Delete
    2. I have done Tuesday for a few years, but this was my first March! Loved every day!!! Talk soon.
      Clare

      Delete
  2. I hope you join the Tuesday Slicers. It is mud easier than writing daily and keeps up the writing skills you've honed this month. I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed reading your blog. What a difference 31 days can make! Congrats on completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete