Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Circle of LIfe

I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge for the entire month of March.  Today is day 30 which means 1 more post and the challenge will be complete, but the writing will go on!  Thank you Two Writing Teachers!

The Circle of Life






Post Script:
My first grandchild, Madeleine, arrived yesterday.  Such a mix of emotions, but I know she will be blessed with an angel to watch over her.  I am extremely hesitant to post this poem, but it captures my feelings so profoundly.  The words were first written about a week ago when I awoke at 2 am and typed away on my phone.  The only words that changed were the gender (it was a surprise) and the lips that told me she was being guarded by her angel.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Are you familiar with Tom Romano's work on multigenre research writing? One genre he discusses is the poem in two voices, and your poem reminded me of the poem in two voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and bright some tears to my eyes. Life is so bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special poem! Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. You are blessed and so is she to have a guardian angel watching over her each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to show conflicting emotions. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beyond beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I love the format and the tone and balance. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honest poem that shares the presence of two conflicting emotions so poignantly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an honest poem that shares the presence of two conflicting emotions so poignantly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are tears in my eyes. Such beautiful poems. Your granddaughter is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete