Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It's a... It's a...

Day 2 - Slice of Life Story Challenge

It’s a.. It’s a…

Waiting is hard for me sometimes.  I typically consider myself a patient person, but on occasion I have been known to grow impatient.  And that is certainly the case in all things related to becoming a new grandmother.  How blessed I am because at the end of this month I will officially carry the title of grandmother with the birth of my son and daughter-in-law’s baby.  We do not know if it will be a boy or a girl but we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival to see!  And in late July my daughter and son-in-law will grace me with another grandchild.  In my head I hear a choir of angels singing Ahhhh in melodious fashion.
Today, however, I am most impatient as I sit at home waiting to go to the doctors with my daughter to experience my first ultrasound of our grandchild and find out if it is a girl or a boy! This is an experience I never had with my own three children so I feel even more anxious and excited.  I thought I could sleep a little later this morning, relax with a cup of coffee, write this post and leave for the appointment. But instead I awoke earlier than usual, unable to sleep, read or eat.  And now as I type, my fingers are jittery, and my brain is unfocused.  The thought of seeing this little baby and hearing the heartbeat for the first time is rather emotional.  I am brought back to the pregnancy and births of our three children, hearing that first heart beat and waiting those nine long months to snuggle for the first time.  Today I grow impatient for the results and to see the little one on the screen.  I grow impatient as I wonder will it be a boy or a girl.  I grow impatient to hold and smell the newness of not one but two babies.  Egads! I guess I am more impatient than I thought.

13 comments:

  1. Oh geez. You captured that feeling so well. It seems like yesterday we were going through these same emotions. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about it. We now have SIX! And even if I was worried that I wouldn't love all of them as much as I loved the first, I found that special bond with each of them. They are all my favorites.

    Cherish each moment--even the impatience. It's all a part of this special time in your life! Congrats, Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an emotional and exciting time in your life! My mom told me that my labor seemed much longer than her two labors! When you're the mom waiting to become the grandmother I'm sure the time cannot go quickly enough. Congratulations to you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sense the anticipation and mix of emotions so well in this piece. Having had our first child and both sides first grandchild I remember how excited the soon-to-be grandparents all were! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that feeling all too well! What an exciting time for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting for you. I can feel your anticipation all through your slice. Hope the month passes quickly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how exciting for you. I can feel your anticipation all through your slice. Hope the month passes quickly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could sense your impatience in the style of your writing today. I am not very patient and usually schedule things for the morning so I don't have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting day and month for you! Best of luck and all the best for the bundles of joy that are on their way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you!!! So happy you are doing this challenge. I think of you often and am so happy to hear about the joy of 2 grandchildren. I look forward to reconnecting through #sol16 and hoping we could meet up for dinner one evening....
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - so far I am loving the challenge. I will keep in touch!

      Delete
  10. I hope your grandbaby cooperated on the ultrasound so the tech could capture clear snapshots of your precious new family member. How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can feel your anticipation and excitement! It's going to be an exciting (and loooong) 9 months, but soon both those babies will arrive and you will be crowned Grandma. Sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I can identify with this post so well. We are expecting our first grand - a grandson in June! Love Michelle's words, "crowned Grandma."

    ReplyDelete