Monday, March 14, 2016

Lessons Learned in the Swiss Alps: Balance

Today is Day 14 of the Slice of Life Story Challenge 2016, sponsored by Two Writing Teachers.





Last summer I was fortunate enough to have been able to travel to Switzerland.  Part of my visit included a  five day inn to inn hike with scenery that was often times indescribable. Many days we walked amidst the cow in their fields. We learned that the cows bells were more than sounds rather, the larger the bell the more prized the cow. Hiking among the cows was precarious at best as we tried to dodge the flaps. I wasn't sure where to look, down at my feet or at the scenery.  It was then that I realized this life lesson:  
Life is a balance...You can't keep your eyes on the ground avoiding the dung all the time, you need to look up once in awhile and admire the view and all that lies ahead.  And don't forget to look back occasionally, the view from behind might just be the most spectacular of all and it will ground you to where you began - your roots.



6 comments:

  1. Good advice for me mid SOL challenge. Sometimes I am so busy trying to find something to Slice about, I forget to enjoy what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, this is a beautiful saying. Sometimes you hear the right words at the right time and this is just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Many layers of meaning. I had a hard time finding your post this weekend --glad I found you tonight!! Happy writing!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, a little looking down, a little up, but lots forward. Backwards is a nice view, too. But don't dwell there. It's past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think one of my devices had a different email address as default. I noticed it after I posted a few.

    ReplyDelete