Thursday, March 17, 2016

Questions Upon Seeing a Rainbow

I am participating in the month long writing challenge, The Slice of Life Story Challenge, sponsored by Two Writing Teachers. Today is Day 17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!




Questions Upon Seeing a Rainbow

It is thought
that you 
will find
a pot of
gold
at the
end
of a rainbow

But what
happens
when you
only
see
a slice??


A
penny
from heaven
perhaps?




I awoke to see this slice of rainbow last Sunday morning and had to capture it with my camera.  As St. Patrick's Day approached, I thought it fitting to write this poem using the photo as an inspiration.


6 comments:

  1. How cool! I've never seen anything like that before. It was the perfect inspiration for this slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - it is strange. I have loads of other thoughts about this picture that I could write about, including the thought that it looks like an angel - my angel - with a heart of gold! But I thought it fitting for St. Pats Day to write a whimsical poem. Maybe I should have written it in limerick fashion. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to St. Pat's Day!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing to live the month on the lookout for inspiration to write about and the actually write about it? It actually changes how we pay attention to the world. So fun! I love the questions in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing to live the month on the lookout for inspiration to write about and the actually write about it? It actually changes how we pay attention to the world. So fun! I love the questions in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture and lovely slice!

    ReplyDelete