Saturday, March 19, 2016

Saturday PD

Today is day 19 of the month long Slice of Life Story Challenge 2016 sponsored by Two Writing Teachers

Saturday PD


I love to learn.
why else would I
get up at 3:45 am
board a bus
ride for four hours
with other sleepy co-workers
to arrive
in New York City
on a Saturday?


It's the Teachers College
Saturday Reunion
A day of high quality
learning
with nothing but
the best educators
Lucy, Amanda
to name just a few.


I know I will be filled with
ideas galore
after this day
of learning
with my co-workers
in New York City
on a Saturday
all because
I love to learn.














10 comments:

  1. I keep wondering how I can participate in these fantastic events with all the masters! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen people post about Teacher's College reunions. I always assumed they were merely social. I didn't realize there was PD involved. Going to a summer institute has long been a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do!! Enjoy --and share next week via your slices!!!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I am jealous but I am hoping for a recap slice sometime soon. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday Reunions are wonderful! I haven't been to one in a few years (because they've gotten so much more crowded). Can't wait to hear more from you and the others who went. I'm sure there was lots of incredible learning there today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great day is in store for you. Learning something new is rewarding beyond measure; and learning with friends is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went too! I'm glad I live close enough not to have to get up so early. But it's worth it. Can't wait to read what you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went too! I'm glad I live close enough not to have to get up so early. But it's worth it. Can't wait to read what you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous! I have sent myself to the August Reading Workshop week three times. It is such an invigorating place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a wonderful day! Nothing better than to soak up some expert advice and interact with other teachers.

    ReplyDelete