Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Still Blessed

I am participating in the month long Slice of Life Story Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers.  Today is Day 8.



Still Blessed
I wake to see the peace on the lake and everything looks so still. It's almost surreal.  The quiet draws me into the scene of peacefulness and I am once again transfixed.  I want to sit, stare and spend my day looking at the lake, the trees, the reflection on the water. I take a moment or two to gaze, to take it all in, to listen to the nothingness of life.  The nothingness is actually full of life: geese honking, seagulls awakening, a lonely kayak gliding across the glassy surface.



The stillness. 

It happens most mornings. I stare and watch. It's my moment to say hello to the world.  It's my moment to be.  I gather myself and head out the door in anticipation of the sounds and buzzing of little voices chattering in the building.  My silence left behind but the peaceful feeling stays, knowing the stillness will be there again to bless me tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to start the day. Thank you for letting me experience it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, inspiring way to begin the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous view to wake up to, and to carry you through a busy day. Comforting to know it will be there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete