Sunday, March 6, 2016

You Make me a Proud Momma

Today is Day 6 of the Daily Slice of Life Story Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers

You Make Me a Proud Momma
It’s Sunday morning and the sun is shining brightly through the windows of my lakefront home.  As I sip my coffee I can't help but smile and feel thankful today.  I stop to pause and think how grateful I am to participate in this slice of life challenge because I have already become more reflective and quite possibly more grateful. Today my reflection centers around my adult children and the little things they said yes to this week.  

Our youngest child, Jon, called me earlier in the week saying he’d be by on Saturday.  He had heard my concerns about the large piles of pine bows in the yard, thanks to the big storm a month ago, and he was offering to spend the morning cleaning them up for me. Now mind you his wife is expecting their first baby in a few weeks so this was probably not on his priority list. But his offer made me proud and humbled.  He saved me a large fee from a contractor to clean the mess up.  Thank you Jon for your out of the blue offer and for your time and brawn!

Our middle daughter, Julie, asked me to join her and her husband to the big reveal ultrasound.  Since I had never had an ultrasound with my children I was looking forward to having a sneak peek of my grandchild.  And to share the privilege of finding out the sex of the baby was priceless, as they say.  Thank you Julie for letting me be part of that very special moment in your life. I feel grateful for the experience and excited to become a grandmother.

Our oldest daughter, Sarah, asked me to help her with a presentation to a group of elementary students.  Six years ago she founded a nonprofit and she was asked to share her organization’s mission with a few students who wanted to hold a bake sale to benefit her cause.  Listening to her speak and share her story with the children I was filled with pride and gratitude.  Thank you Sarah for giving to others so selflessly.

These little decisions and acts of love give me hope and fill me with great love.  Thank you for all you do!

6 comments:

  1. You have raised some very caring, successful children. Kudos to you! I don't think children realize the pride their parents truly feel until they become parents themselves. From the sound of it, two of your children will understand that very soon! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have raised some very caring, successful children. Kudos to you! I don't think children realize the pride their parents truly feel until they become parents themselves. From the sound of it, two of your children will understand that very soon! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no better feeling in life than knowing your children turned out to be good people. Well almost...wait until you hold those grandbabies in your arms. There is nothing better in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly you raised them right. Good kids like that don;t just happen. They come from good examples and good parenting. You have a lot to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on wonderful and talented children. They are great reflection on their parents (you, LOL) I will pray for your coming grand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great group of kiddos you have raised! Such great moments to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete