Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Promises

Many Saturday morning Dave and I would sit with coffee in hand and create / update our to do list for the day.  No matter how long the list was, Dave would always add some fun thing to the list:  Take a walk, catch a movie, order pizza, visit family.  Dave was so good at keeping us grounded and reminding me that it’s not always about how much we get done.


As I open the door to the summer of 2016 with school dismissal at noon today, I want to take my cues from Dave and remember to have some fun this summer.  I have loads of professional projects on the list but I also need to take the time to catch up on the things I don’t have time for during the school year.  So today I promise to…
  • Laugh with my children and new grandchildren
  • Enjoy more ice cream cones
  • Float on the lake
  • Read for pleasure daily
  • Stop, look and listen to the lake
  • Spend TIME with friends
  • Kayak in the early morning or sunset hours
  • Take more nature pictures
  • Write for fun

Wish me luck!

Today is Tuesday and I'm writing with the Two Writing Teachers and their wonderful writing community!


9 comments:

  1. I love your list! I hope you enjoy all those moments. I'd throw in there, watch a few sunsets and stare at the moon at night. :) Doing those two things always brings me peace. That way I start out the beginning of the day peaceful and end the day that way, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you said that about the moon. As I was looking at the strawberry moon shone across the lake, I was inspired to write this post!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an enjoyable and relaxing list. I am thinking about all the things I have to do this summer and sometimes wonder how I am going to fit it all in. I think I should make it a point to make sure I do things that help me be more mindful, like "stop, look, and listen to the lake."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an enjoyable and relaxing list. I am thinking about all the things I have to do this summer and sometimes wonder how I am going to fit it all in. I think I should make it a point to make sure I do things that help me be more mindful, like "stop, look, and listen to the lake."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder, Christine! I love to make lists, but I never ever put anything fun on that list. It may be just what I need to add a little spring to my step. ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post was about not being able to relax yet this summer! I needed to read your post today. Must add a fun item each day to my planning--as well as plenty of unscheduled time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems as though you have a perfect summer plan. Floating on the lake sounds very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this list--I'm sitting at a friend's beach house right now, looking at the ocean, and preparing to write my own summer lists--an activity which I always enjoy. Your post reminds me to make sure to include not just "doing" things but also "being" things--not to mention the fun ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this list--I'm sitting at a friend's beach house right now, looking at the ocean, and preparing to write my own summer lists--an activity which I always enjoy. Your post reminds me to make sure to include not just "doing" things but also "being" things--not to mention the fun ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete