Tuesday, August 9, 2016

How Blessed Am I?

Grandchild number two arrived yesterday with great celebration and cheers.  This makes two grandchildren within four months. So now I am the proud grandmother of a granddaughter and a new little grandson!  

How blessed am I?  

How blessed am I to see my two children give birth to two happy, healthy children.  
How blessed am I to live close enough to see the newborns within hours of their being born and to then be such a part of their days. 
How blessed am I to see the new aunts and uncles (my children) proudly hold their niece and nephew.
How blessed am I to be near extended family and friends that celebrate and help us keep wait.
How blessed am I knowing that these two little cousins will be close enough in age to be playmates at family gatherings - and in between.
How blessed am I to know that each grandchild has an angel of a grandfather to watch over them every minute of every day!
How blessed am I!


Posted in conjunction with Slice of Life Tuesday, a site dedicated to supporting writers in the quest to improve and support.  Thank you Two Writing Teachers.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I only knew one grandparent, the others having passed before I was born. They are so lucky to have the opportunity to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You are blessed for sure. And so are your children and grandchildren. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are blessed for sure. And so are your children and grandchildren. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I, too, have been blessed with a grandchild - 10 month old Timothy. There is truly nothing else quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I, too, have been blessed with a grandchild - 10 month old Timothy. There is truly nothing else quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly fortunate to have them so close to you and to each other! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete