When You Think You're Done You've Just Begun!
Here it is day 31 of the March Slice of Life Challenge and I am still writing with energy and stamina! The first thing that comes into my mind is that writers workshop phrase we all know and love so well: When you think you're done you've just begun! Why do I say that? I say that because I know that I am a writer and I have much writing left to do and more importantly I have much more growing to happen!
But first, I want to celebrate all that I have accomplished.
Here is my list of my March SOL 2017 accomplishments:
- Writing for 31 consecutive days
- Digging deep into places I don't like to write about
- Trying my hand at some of the craft moves that I ask my kindergarten and 1st grade students to use: dialogue, catchy beginnings, tying up the story with a bow so you don't leave the reader hanging...
- Attempting new formats of poetry: ABC, Phone number, and book spine, to name a few
- Infusing my writing with a touch of my OLW (one little word - JOY) as much as possible
- Commenting on many more posts than last year
- Growing from other mentor writers that participated in the SOL Challenge - I can't thank this community enough!
- Discovering many new educational ideas and thoughts
- Learning how to schedule my posts and cross-post to Twitter
And here is how I think I can continue to grow as a writer:
- Commit to contributing each week to the Tuesday Slice of Life Challenge
- Recruit colleagues to join in the writing fun
- Consider volunteering to be a welcome wagon team member next year (Time to give back!)
- Learn more about writing poetry
- Continue to add to my google doc listing slice ideas
- Copy the links to posts that generate slice of life ideas so that I can better acknowledge the original author
- Buy a small, pretty writing journal to place in my purse so I can capture my new ideas while out and about
With this great list I must say that I am looking forward to the journey! For when you think you're done,you've just begun!