Saturday, March 18, 2017

Joy-filled ABC

Today is day 18 of the month long writing challenge sponsored by Two Writing Teachers.  This is my second year writing in the challenge.



I was inspired by the many slicers who have tried out the ABC format for writing poems. Since my OLW (one little word) is Joy, I thought I would make my poem celebrating all that is joyful in my life.

Joy-filled ABCs

A year devoted to finding joy!
Babies that surround me
Children that make me laugh, smile, cry and remind me of the importance of family
Dreams of lazy summer days
Eagle sightings
Family always near by
Georgie, my first grandson
Hugs from my little babies and big grown adult children
Inspiration from slicers near and far
Jewels of dew sparkling in the sun
Kitchen filled with sounds of laughter and aromas of cookies
Lake-life
Maddie, my first granddaughter
Neighbors to my left and right that are always there to enjoy and assist
October leaves glowing at sunset
Planting and weeding
Quacking ducks float by the dock
Roses blooming in the garden
Swans swimming in such graceful pairs
Time with family to enjoy nature
Umbrellas of varied colors
Vases of daffodils
Walks in the woods
X-citing times on the water
Yearning for lazy summer

Zest for time spent with family

9 comments:

  1. Love this! Have not seen it yet on other blogs - so you inspired me. So much joy in this poem and so much about what brings you joy. Thank you
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just commented on another blog about all the different inspirations for poetry going through the slices this month. Your joy definitely comes our in your ABC images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just commented on another blog about all the different inspirations for poetry going through the slices this month. Your joy definitely comes our in your ABC images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy is my OLW too and you have captured my joys in your ABC list. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will continue to find Joy each and every day. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful moments, that have now become fodder for future pieces. I have so many favorite lines... "Kitchen filled with sounds of laughter and aromas of cookies" "October leaves glowing at sunset" "Roses blooming in the garden"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderfully joyful. The poetry format is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poem radiates a warm glow of joy. The mood comes through clearly.

    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's an alphabet full of joy! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you have stuff to look forward to this summer!

    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-jealousy-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful fun post! I chose JOY as my OLW a few years ago...it brought me two weddings and two grandchildren I had yet to even begin to dream of!

    ReplyDelete