Tuesday, March 14, 2017

There's a Storm a Comin'

Today is day 14 of the month long writing challenge sponsored by Two Writing Teachers.  This is my second year participating in this challenge and I am overwhelmed by the support in this writing community!



There's a Storm a Comin'

I hear his voice...
Yoo Hoo! There's a storm a comin'...
Watch the weather  Track the storm  Check the propane

Yoo Hoo!There's a storm a comin'... 
Find the batteries  Buy the milk  Fill the tub  

Yoo Hoo!There's a storm a comin'... 
Charge the lanterns  dig out the candles  uncover the matches

Yoo Hoo!There's a storm a comin'
My eagle scout husband  still reminding us    to be prepared

Even when he's not here...

There's a storm a comin'

I hear his voice...






2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful in craft, voice and meaning. You always remind me to cherish every moment - thank you for that gift! Stay warm and safe --and enjoy the view over the lake.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Chris! Happy to have passed the storm with you!

    ReplyDelete