Thursday, March 16, 2017

TV Goodness

Today is day 16 of the month long writing challenge sponsored by Two Writing Teachers.  I am once again participating in this 31 day challenge.  Half way there!





TV Goodness

I can't believe I am writing my slice today about a TV show, but in my humble opinion This is Us is no ordinary show.  Haven't seen it?  I highly recommend it but be forewarned - it will move you like no other show you've seen.

The reason I am writing this post is because I am in mourning.  Not necessarily because of the episode this week, rather because each Tuesday I cozy up on the couch and sit down for my weekly dose of "feel good-ness."  It seems so trite to say this but the show is a bright spot in my week.  It is a show about love and forgiveness and is so very different from all the other shows on the air.  Maybe I appreciate the show because it is a diversion from the craziness of the politics and growing sense of hatred that is seemingly taking over the world.  Diversion or not, the show provides a break for me.  

Now I have to fight this heavy feeling until September when the new season returns and my Tuesday night viewing completes my happy feel-good side.  It's a good thing that summer lake time is just around the corner.  Afterall, who wants to watch TV when you can swim, kayak and make your own happy times!











6 comments:

  1. I love this show too. I marvel at the layers of the writing in the show. How do they do that? How do they move between time frames and match up the stories and layer the characters? It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way. I watch for pure enjoyment. I watch and ponder all the different story lines. How do the writers do it? They keep me on the edge of my seat with all the twists and turns. I don't know how I will make it until September. I may have to keep watching it on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I have missed Tuesday night TV due to teaching grad school that night; however, I think I am going to catch up on this one.You are one of many people who say this is the best TV in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how are they going to pick up from here--the ends have met, and I'm not sure I can handle the aftermath of what we know is about to happen. It really is an amazing show, and I'm right there in mourning with you. There will be a void on Tuesday nights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But how are they going to pick up from here--the ends have met, and I'm not sure I can handle the aftermath of what we know is about to happen. It really is an amazing show, and I'm right there in mourning with you. There will be a void on Tuesday nights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this show, too! BEST show on television! Sad I have to wait soooo long for it to return! Boo!

    ReplyDelete