Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Haiku to the Lake

April is National Poetry month so I am once again trying my hand at new to me poetry format, the haiku.  I think the last haiku I wrote was when I was in elementary school.  I recall the 5-7-5 syllable count but I needed to google the format to see if there were any other parameters and found many variations.  Most of my searching found reminded me that haikus typically focus on nature themes and that when displaying the letters should all be centered. 
Coincidentally I received an invite from my brother in law to climb aboard their boat for the maiden voyage of the year!  Inspired by my impromptu experience, I wrote a haiku for my weekly slice.

Windows open wide
Sunshine warm against the skin
Time for sunset cruise




Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for this establishing and fostering a wonderful writing community.

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Love it -- I could feel the rays on my face and the breeze in my hair. Well done!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete