Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Vision

It's Slice of Life Tuesday!  Thank you Two Writing Teachers for providing a forum and a community for writers!




This weekend I finally found the dedicated time to work in my garden. I had waited an entire year to get accustomed to my yard and finally I was ready to dig in and make the changes to create the yard of my dreams. The first area I wanted to make over was my pathway to my neighbor's house. My vision for this area was clear: add shade plants such as hostas and ferns to surround and soften the old pink wrought-iron chair that graced the garden walkway. I grabbed my tools and gloves and started separating the hostas in the yard. I added a few daylilies to the mix and  voila, instant garden path with a pizazz. I stepped back after a few hours of hard work to admire my handiwork. I realized then and there that having a clear vision and the available resources to accomplish that vision made everything happen.

I think that is true for many areas of life - vision and resources make most things a reality!

4 comments:

  1. So true!! I gardened this weekend too - perfect weather for it. Your house sounds so amazing - I love that you are making it your own bit by bit. Vision and resources -- it is great when we have both.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your clear vision and resources certainly paid off! I think time is another important part of the equation. Your yard looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing and enjoy! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was creating a pathway in one of our gardens over the weekend and thinking about the importance of pathways. Gardens lead to many important metaphors of life. I love both your metaphor and your shade garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was creating a pathway in one of our gardens over the weekend and thinking about the importance of pathways. Gardens lead to many important metaphors of life. I love both your metaphor and your shade garden.

    ReplyDelete