Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 6, 2013

It's Slice of Life Tuesday!  I am honored to be part of a community that supports and celebrates writing.  Want to join in the fun?  Go to: Two Writing Teachers to learn more.

July 6, 2013

I felt alone
4 years ago
Single in a minute
A widow
I worried about being
Lonely

But really?

3 children
2 + more grandchildren
Endless family 
Generous friends
Unlimited hugs

Alone?

I am blessed
With a legacy
Many memories
Great hope
Unfailing friendship


I am surrounded 
With Faith
With Peace
With Joy

I am Blessed 
I am Thankful
I am...


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful reflection. I bet it was quite a journey to get to the point today where you can say "I am Thankful".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured so much in so few words. To come to this place of peace and strength after such a loss - there's so much hope and courage in it. I admire your bravery in writing these truths and being willing to share them.

    ReplyDelete